In the UK political parties receive no state funding, and rightfully so. Every penny we spend we must raise locally through voluntary contributions from our supporters.
The following figures are a rough example of what it costs to fight a local election campaign:
- £10 will pay for 20 second class stamps
- £25 will pay for 250 colour calling cards to leave at homes whilst canvassing
- £50 will pay for 1,000 newsletters
- £100 will cover the cost of printing and packing letters to postal voters in one ward
- £200 will pay for one candidate's main election leaflet
- £500 will cover the cost of the get Out the Vote campaign across the whole Borough
- £750 will cover the cost of making 30,000 phone calls to remind Conservatives to vote
- £1,000 will cover the entire cost of fighting an election in a marginal ward
Thank you for your support.
Promoted and distributed electronically by Andrew Kennedy on behalf of the Conservative Party, all c/o West Kent Campaign HQ, Suite 3, Business Centre, Commercial Road, Paddock Wood TN12 6EN.